Monday, November 9, 2009

Just thinking...

When I always read other peoples blogs, I thought that it was a really dumb thing to not have pictures in the post, and I promised my self if I had a blog it would not ever hold a post that didn't have a picture. Well, today I am breaking that promise. This may be a very boring blog post for you to read, but it is what is on my mind...

In my English class, we are doing some research projects on genocides that are, or have been happenening in the world. ( Ya, NOT fun!) The subject is very depressing and at first I was not interested in ANY of it. However, after a few weeks of reading these amazing stories it has got me thinking. I have been thinking about how blessed I am, how privledged I am, and how easily I take what I have for granted. I had thought about how thankful I was before, but not to this extent. God has blessed me with a long list of things that MANY other people in the world will never get to have. I mean, there are the huge things, like a family, a house, food, an education, but their are also little things like laughter, friends, and seeing a smile on someones face almost everyday. When I read these stories ( I wont go into detail cause they are way too sad) I realize that this one child had grown up his whole life without laughing. He said so himself. This just sturck me. WOW! How do you grow up NOT laughing, I laugh all the time! ( Wow, I am REALLY REALLY babbling). When I think about all the things God has given me, it makes me wonder why he gives these things to me and not to those other people. What does he want me to do with these special privledges? Cause I could be in the same horrific situations as some of those other people around the world... but God chose to not put me there. Why?

Again, sorry for the borring to read blog post today. If you read it all the way through... you are one of my favorite people at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. Amanda, you're not blabbing. You and the rest of us who will read your blog are all very lucky and need to make the most of it. You are a good writer...well said!
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda...you talked about this the other morning in the car as we drove to school. It made me start thinking about how great it is that you are learning this lesson now - and not much later in your life. You are a person who really gets the big picture and you are starting to take it all in. I am impressed with you are and who you are becoming. I love you...Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda that wasn't boring at all! Thanks for reminding us of the blessings we take for granted far too often.

    Oh, and sorry for all the posts I've written without pictures...haha!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amanda...I just saw this post today. You put together some powerful thoughts here.

    And it is not by accident that you are where you are! The "why" is part of your journey to discover as you walk with the Lord through your life. He put you smack dab in the middle of exactly where He wanted you.

    You have a precious heart.

    Love you and your pictureless posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Amanda!
    Fantastic Thoughts! Fantastic questions! Ask for the wisdom and HE will give it to you, generously! (Book of James) I am glad to know you! And I guess since I read all your posts I am one of your favorite people! Excellent! You are one of mine! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! (p.s. - tell your mom I forgot to talk to my wife about what we talked about the other morning!)

    ReplyDelete