Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yup... today was the day that I turned 15! I had an amazing day!

Lets start with the most important... MY DRIVERS PERMIT! AHHHHH! So exciting... I can't even tell you how excited I was to get my drivers permit.

The Department of Licensing.... GREAT place for people watching...

AT LAST! I drove some of the way home. No one died, so I guess that is a good thing.

Then, after coming home from getting the permit, we opened presents! My favorite gift that I got was a North Face jacket. And I love it! It is so warm and fuzzy and just awesome. Thanks mom and dad!

Later on I had 4 friends over for cake and just hanging out.

Me, Madison, Ilana, Sarah and Karli... and my best friend... Costco Chocolate cake!

Thank you God for giving me 15 years of life! That is a gift that some people never get to have. Being 14 was amazing, I would do it again if I could. It was the year that I grew so close to God thanks to some helpers at my church. Like I have mentioned before, God has really changed my life, and I will always be thankful for that. He has given me some amazing parents who know Him, siblings that are my best friends, friends at school that believe in Him and make me laugh, and most of all salvation from His son! It is all pretty amazing that I get to have all of it... makes me feel pretty special!


From the begining, I loved wearing pink fuzzy clothes!


If you can, read the note that Collin wrote about me in the picture. Pretty funny!






Kaisha and Collin are 2 of my favorite people. They are my cousins, in case you didn't know. They always make me laugh and I love hanging out with them. They are the ones who introduced me to 24, so that basically says that they are a major part in my life... :) As you can see, we have been "besties" (I hate that word and I make fun of it a lot) from the very beginning.

If you want to read my mom's blog about my birthday just click here.

Thanks to everyone who made this day special!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweetheart. You mom and I love you very much. We are so blessed that you are with us. Here's to the next 15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Amanda! Today is actually is the day after you were born. It's the day we brought you home. Grandma Marcia was staying with us for the week. She couldn't wait to put a ribbon in your long baby hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT AN AWESOME BLOG POST!
    The picture of you at the DMV combined with your vintage kid picture is priceless! Oh my gosh!
    Driving??? How exciting! Sounds like everything is golden in Amandaville, and you had a great Birthday! Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a wonderful day! emily said you weren't a terrible driver, so that's a plus, right? ;)

    p.s. i make fun of "besties" too haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Amanda! Great pictures. LOVE the jacket--North Face is my favorite!!! Glad you had such a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...you were so cute when you were little...and you just got cuter! How does that always happen to everyone but me?

    And I agree..."besties" sounds kinda lame. We should think up something else to call it.

    ReplyDelete