Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year!

Let me start out saying.... WELCOME 2010! I am so excited to see what this new year brings. The challenges, the memories, growing closer in my relationship with God... all of it is so exciting!

Like any other New Year Eve, we spent it with our friends the Carlsons. We had a great time, like usual! Without them coming over, it seems like New Years Eve would just be another day, nothing special. We had cheese burgers for dinner, and Mrs. Carlson made this amazing dessert, I am not sure what it was called, but it was GOOD! We played Guesstures (charades), and played out in the rain!

Let me explain this picture... So, Alex and I use to have a REALLY hard time thinking of something to do whenever they came over. So one day, we both decided that we didnt really have anything to do, so we would play Don't Break the Ice. And now, it is like a tradition; when the Carlsons get together with the Arends, Alex and I will play Don't Break the Ice. The game itself is not a "fun" game, but the things we end up talking about while playing the game are what make it fun. We get very competitive, and try to figure out ways to knock down the most ice-cubes in one tap of the hammer, it is just a silly game that always keeps us entertained! Yes, it may be a stupid thing to do, but we always have fun playing it, and thats all that matters!


This is just a picture of Brenna and I at some point in the night!


Emily, Me, Brenna, and Alex COULD NOT wait until it was time to eat dessert!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Now this is something that I saw on a different blog and I thought it sounded like fun, so this is a 2009 preview!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
High School! Being a freshman at NTHS is something I had never done before, and it is something I will never get to repeat!

2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions? And will you make more?
Last year, I really wanted to have a more personal relationship with Jesus Christ. And I am so happy that I can say that I have worked hard on that and I can see Jesus activly working in my life more then ever! With the help of some leaders at my church and through AWANA, they have taught me HOW to read my bible and actally get something out of it, and God provided the perfect opportunites for me to trust Him and get to know Him! And my resolution for this year.... hmmm..... I would say that it would be about the same thing, continue to know my Savior and incorporate Him into my life more and more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank the Lord, NO!

5. What places have you visited?
Ahhh.... Lake Entiat with the Carlsons. We get to go there again with them this July! :)

Couldn't find a picture of the house we stayed at, so here is a picture of the 6 of us at Blue Berry Hill!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Oooo! This is a good one. Hmmm.... a drivers permit! This year I get to take drivers ed! YIPPEE!

7. What date in 2009 will be etched in your memory and why?
September 9, 2009.
The first day of High School. I was a wreck that day. I was so nervous and scared cause I knew nobody at that High School. It was such a scary and exciting day! I really had to trust God that He would provide friends for me. And, of course, He did!

8. What was your biggest achievment?
Again, High School. I am telling you, it is very scary to go into a place where everybody has their friends and you dont have any. However, I met a bunch of girls that were very welcoming to have me in their group and I am extremely thankful for that!

9. Did I suffer any injuries os illness in 2009?
Nope!

10. What was the best thing you bought?
I didnt buy it, but my parents did! And that would be my new iPod Touch! I LOVE IT!

11. Where did most of your money go?
I don't really have money, so it couldnt go anywhere. OH! My mom moved amuch of the money inmy bacnk account towards college... does that count?

12. What song will remind you of 2009?
I have no clue!

13. What do you wish you could have done more of?
Baking, I can never really bring myself to doing it, but when I do, I LOVE IT!

14. What do you wish you could have done less of?
Worrying about silly things that would be worked out in time.
 Worrying is such a waste of time, in my opinion, however I spent alot of time doing it last year.

15. What was your favorite TV program?
24. My cousins Kaisha and Collin introduced me to this wonderful show, now I am hooked, and believed that I have gotten my family hooked also! However, Biggest Loser, is a very close 2nd. Biggest Loser starts again on the 5th!

16. What was the best book you read in 2009?
I didnt read alot this year, but I did read "Julia Millan and the Chappel of the Chimes". This book has not yet been published, but I knew the author! So I got to read the book and and give him some ideas! That is what made this book so fun to read! I felt so special knowing an author! I mean, come on, how many of you know an author? My mom was good friends with him in High School, thats how we know him!


Emily and I with Michael, THE AUTHOR!

17. What was your favorite movie of the year?
Hands down: The Blind Side. If you haven't seen it... GO!

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you turning?
I turned 14 in 2009. I had a party with some friends over.

19. What pollitical issue did you strugle with this year?
None. I will say though, that it was very cool to see a black man as our President!

20. Who was the best person you met?
Like I said before, I got to actually know what it feels like to have a personaly relationship with Jesus Christ this past year. So I would say, that Jesus is the best person I met this year. Ya, I knew Him before, but now like I do now. He is a friend to me now, not just someone that they talked about in church!

So, Happy 2010, lets hope that its a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda - You are an amazing young woman. You never cease to impresse me. God is doing a great work in you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops that last comment was from me - I didn't press the right buttons (surprise!) Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are an amazing young woman, Amanda! I love the articulate way you described your growth with the Lord in 2009! I am so glad I get to have a front row seat in watching the way He continues to shape your life!

    Thanks for being such a great friend to us!
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing dessert huh? I seem to remember hearing of one with brownies and symphony bars once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha YOU ARE AWESOME! Hello to your family! Where's your sister been???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes yes... patience, and those brownies will come!

    ReplyDelete