Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day... If I could sum Valentine's Day up I would say that it is a day where people show each other how much they love each other. You should have seen my school on Friday. Just about every girl was holding an over sized stuffed animal or balloons that said... "I LOVE YOU!" There was actually one guy who stood on the top of the stair case and sang a song to his girl friend at lunch...

So, while I walked the hallways of my school surrounded by a million red hearted balloons I began to think.... "Well, God's love beats any balloon or stuffed animal!" It got me to thinking about how much He loves us. And how His love is love that will never die. Cause in High School, it seems that if you are dating for more than 2 weeks... you are pretty serious. My table of girls that I sit with think it is pretty silly.... I agree. God will always be with us, and He is serious about us. He will stay with me for more then 2 weeks... :) He will love me even when I don't love Him. Can you imagine what it would be like to love someone and give your son for someone who constantly pushes you away, and tells you that you are wrong? I can't. Cause we do that... even if we don't mean to.  I don't know about you... but I could call that extreme love.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not rude.  It is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
1 John 4:9-10

There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment... WE LOVE BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US.
1 John 4:18a-19a

Have a great Valentine's Day!


1 comment: