Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

     Today I had one of the coolest moments ever with my friend. She is a strong Christian and we were talking about today, Good Friday. The day that Jesus Christ gave up His life so that we could be with Him some day in heaven. Then, she suggested that maybe we should pray and thank God for giving up His son to come and save us. We prayed for about 15 minutes during lunch in a back corner. It was so powerful to be at school, a public school, and just pray and thank God for the most important thing in my life, Jesus, with my best friend. Just had to share that quick little story.


     Anyway, for any of you who don't know. Today is Good Friday; the day that Jesus Christ gave up His life on the cross to come and save us. Pretty amazing. There is one verse that my friend gave to me today and what we mainly talked about. It is Luke 23:34. It is right when they are beating Jesus and mocking Him. And he says one thing..."Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." Of all the things that He could have said, He says forgive them. That just made me think. Jesus was going through the worst pain in the world, and He shows a sign of love and compassion towards those who are causing Him the pain. Am I showing love to those who cause me pain? Of course it will never be the amount of pain that Christ was going through. But maybe I should look at it as, am I showing love towards those who annoy me or those that dont like me? Just something that kept me thinking....

     Ok, this may be extremley confusing and not make any sense. But it makes sense to me, and I always re-read my blog. So basically, if you dont get this next part, thats ok. It is mainly for me to look back on and remember. Ok, here it goes. Sometimes in life when we are going through something absolutley horrible in life, we cant see why God is letting it happend. Why are you doing this to me God? What did I do to deserve this? But what we can't see is the big picture. God has some amazing purpose for it. And Good Friday is an amazing example for this. Pretend you are one of Jesus's disciples. You have devoted your whole life to following this guy. You have taught about Him and trusted Him with your life. And all of the sudden he dies his horrible death and is mocked infront of the whole town. Wouldn't you just be thinking... WHAT!?!?! Was all of this a joke? He said He was God's son, the chosen one. Now he is dead? How can this happen?.... I sure would. Cause Jesus didnt tell them that He was going to die. This was a horrible and devestating and probably confusing day for those disciples. Wondering what was going on and how this could possibly be happening. But now, step forward 2000 years in the future and we see it as a day that is the beginning to the best thing in the universe! So, God has an amazing plan that will end out beautifully. Even if you cant see the beauty in it, He can.

     Again, sorry if that didnt make sense. It did to me.  Anyway, Thank you Jesus for dieing on the cross to take my sins. I know that believing that you died for me is the only way that I can be in heaven with you. Jesus dieing on the cross is the bridge to salvation. I cant even begin to imagine my life without having my PERSONAL SAVIOR in my life.

     Have a GREAT Good Friday and an even better Easter. I wont be here to blog about Easter, cause I will be on my way to San Francisco!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Amanda. I love it! I love you! I'm glad you are bold enough to pray at school. God is using you in sweet and profound ways.

    He is RISEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amanda, this post means alot to me for many reasons, but mostly for the fact that Christ is in you and you cant contain it! The prophets foretold Jesus death, like in Isaiah 53, and other places, and Jesus did tell his disciples that "the son of man must be delivered up" but could they really grasp that? Can we really grasp it ourselves? I will never know how much it cost to see my sins upon the cross! I thank the Lord for you Amanda, and I too am so glad for the ultimate sacrafice of Jesus as Gods perfect sacraficial lamb! Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! Happy Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete