Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Okay, so I decided that this spring break is wayyyy too amazing to journal and take you through day by day. So I am just going to post a bunch of pictures and explain them.

Chapel of the Chimes... it could be the most beautiful building I have ever been in.


My mom is a good photographer...




Talking over some "serious" stuff with Michael at an amazing bakery.


Emily, Michael, and I at lunch right after Chapel of the Chimes


MARINERS OPENING GAME!!!


Michael was rooting for the Athletics.... but who won? THE MARINERS! DUH!




Thomas and I were taking a picture of ourselves... I just think that it is a cool picture from a different angel.


Michael took us to some old arcade place. And they had a "Laughing Sally" you put a quarter in and she laughs. She was so scary.


Emily and Michael are the most competetive people I know.... they competed all week long, but in a good way.


At the Bay!


I had never seen a one-man-band before... quite entertaining...


THE ONE AND ONLY.... IN AND OUT BURGERS!!!! WHOO HOO!


This was my one of the best parts of the vacation... The Golden Gate Bridge was simply amazing.


Pictures can't even begin to explain how breath-taking the view was.


Alcatraz


One of the cells at Alcatraz. Being in Alcatraz was down right fascinating. A little creppy? Yes. But totally worth it.


The "Play Yard" at Alcatraz. It was weird being there cause everywhere you looked there were four walls around you. I dont know how those people lived there. I can see how it would drive a man crazy.


However, Alcatraz had amazing gardens... props to my mom for this cool picture.


We are bad people... Michael's face here cracks me up.


The five of us with the BEST tour guide in town.


Long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long car ride....


The Magic Bullett workin' its magic on our smoothies.


Okay, there is a story to these. So Michael is a VERY competetive person, and so is Emily. So when Emily and Michael first met they started playing games and trying to beat each other. I am not a very competetive person, so Emily was glad to have someone to play with that really wanted to win as much as she did. When Michael came down to visit us this July, Emily intorduced this game; Ten Days in Asia. Michael loved the game. The point of the game is to try and make a trip in Asia for 10 days. And who ever can make a smooth trip first wins. There is more detail, but that is it in a nut-shell. I had played this game before, and I love this game. Michael had been e-mailing me saying that he was really into this game and was excited to play against Emily over spring break. He told me that he had been practicing his skills so he could cream Emily in this game. I thought,"Ok, so he has played it a few times..." And then he told me that he had sheets of tricks for the game... I thought he was joking. HOWEVER! When we showed up Michael pulled out 3 sheets of papers full of all of his strategies. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I didn't know that this game had strategies! It just made me laugh that he got SO into this game that he would make cheat sheets for himself. And for the record.... Michael beat Emily on every game.


At the Chapel of the Chimes. Isn't Thomas adorable?


hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha


This building was huge! It went on forever and ever and ever!




BASEBALL GAMES!


Sorry Dad, I really had to post this one. YAWL!


My beautiful mother and I at the Bay


We were at Alcatraz... we had to frown.




This is the face you get when you ask a 7 year old boy to smile for a picture when he REALLY doesn't want to.

So, there you have it. My spring break of 2010! People ask me what my favorite part of it was. My answer: Hanging out with Michael. I had so much fun getting to know him better and just hanging out. So much laughter, so little sleep, so much food, so tired, SUCH AN AMAZING VACATION! Thanks Michael!

2 comments:

  1. Your explanation of my Ten Days in Asia strategies is really funny! I admit I'm a nutcase when it comes to games, but it sure was fun duking it out with Em. This is an awesome entry, Amanda, with awesome pics and descriptions. I'm so glad you had such a great time over Spring Break. It was also one of my favorite Spring Breaks, and I didn't even go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post Amanda, I will have to get my spring break post done. I do, however, have one correction. Emily DID beat Mike when they played her version of the rules. If you remember, Michael was flabbergasted when he realized that she had been operating under the wrong rules... rules that YOU GUYS had made up!

    ReplyDelete