Saturday, July 10, 2010

Entiat 2010 ~Food~

     Let me read you the definition of vacation from Michael Hagen's Dictionary- vuh-kay-shun- noun- Non stop eatting.

     This definition is completley perfect. It is way too true. All you do on vacation is eat... and then eat some more and then, when you get bored, you eat. And food on vacation is always the yummy food that you never get at home. Sugary cereals, candy, chips, junk food. ect. ect. ect.

    Let me start by saying that we were privledged to have two wonderful world famous chefs come cook for us at Lake Entiat. Chef Mom and Chef Mrs. Carlson. We had some pretty amazing food while in Entiat... Mmmmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it. Or maybe that is just because it is 12:00 and I havent eatten anything yet. :)

     Let me start with one of the best meals we had. Breakfast at Blueberry Hills. Mmmmmm! Now, I don't think that I could even come close to wrapping up this wonderful experience as well as Mrs. Carlson did on her blog, so here is a link to her blog that talks all about it. Just click here. I will try my best to wrap this up. They make these amazing waffles... they are danish yeast waffles. And then you can choose if you want peach pie filling or blueberry filling on top of your waffle. Pure happiness on a plate. Now, I have many favorite parts of Entiat, but one of my top favorites is watching Mrs. Carlson get ready to take a bite of her waffle. Watching her get so excited for her food makes you more excited about yours. And this year, Mrs. Carlson was introduced to the person who owns Blueberry Hills.
Her name was Kari. She was having a super busy day but she still took time out of her day to come and talk to us. She was super sweet and so happy that we LOOOOOVED the food. But how does someone not like Blueberry Hills?

Ahhh..... YUMMY!

Seriously, go read Mrs. Carlson's blog about Blueberry Hills, it describes it perfectly.

Now onto other meals....

Our first dinner in Entiat
We had hot dogs, chips, and pasta salad. I love sitting on that deck in the sun eatting dinner with my favorite people

One of the nights we had smores! I am the type of girl who will eat one or two smores, and thena fter that I just want the Hershey bar. This year Alex told me that I really had to try putting a Reeses on my smore instead of Hershey bar. It was delicious, but I would rather just eat a Reeses by its self. Don't mess with
me and my Reeses.

Oh ya, we didnt have a fire, so we used the BBQ. This takes so long to get your marshmallow perfect. But after 10-15 min. we all figured out the hot spots on the BBQ.


Below is what the pictures turned out to be...

Doesn't that look like it should be on a magazine?


And of course we had home made icecream on the 4th of July. YUMMYYYY! Notice how we were all wearing jackets, it was FREEZING!

So, I hope you enjoyed reading about SOME of the food that we enjoyed over at Entiat!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Amanda...I love you even more now, seeing you devote an entire post to the vacation food! Atta girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIVE ME A WAFFLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! the smore that you said was for a magazine was mmyyyyy smore by the way!

    ReplyDelete