Friday, July 9, 2010

Entiat 2010 ~Leavenworth~

      How does one put tons and tons of memories, fun stories, and pictures into one blog post? It is impossible. No one could do it. So, I am going to blog about our fantastic vacation in seperate blog posts.

     Let me start with telling you what our vaction was. We went to Lake Entiat with our favorite family friends the Carlsons. We rent a big house and all ten of us live there for 8 days. We have a total blast! We stayed there from June 30- July 8. Entiat is a week that I look forward to all year around. We asked Brenna if should would rather have Christmas or Entiat, she immediatly responded... ENTIAT! HANDS DOWN!

     Anyways... Today's post is about Leavenworth. The first day we were there it was super rainy and blustery. You would have thought that it was March. So we decided to pack up and head to Leavenworth for the day. None of the kids had been there before so we thought that it would be fun. We walked around for a good 3 1/2 hours just wandering in and out of little stores and looking at all the junk they had to offer. It was fun just wandering around with no intention of buying something. My first comment on Leavenworth was the font on everything... for example...

I don't know if you can see it, but it says Starbucks Coffee in cool German-ish font


     Then, we found the most AMAZING chocolate shop. It had tons and tons of carmeled apples and all sorts of different stuff dipped in chocolate. There were loads of carmeled apples on the top of cabinets and Thomas told me, "If there is ever an earth quake, lets run in here and try and catch as many apples as we can" :)
Mmmm...... The apples on the far right were apple pie carmel apples. They had a gramcracker crust around it


AND they had chocolate covered potato chips... My mom bought us all one. They werent bad, but they would not be my first choice when at a chocolate store.


The girls in the Carlson/Arend Crew


My mom takes cool pictures, so every now and then I am going to sneak in some pictures that she took through out the trip that are just awesome.

     Then, the high light of the Leavenworth trip was a hat shop that we found... Goodness gracious we had fun in that shop. Alex went crazy trying on all sorts of different hats, wigs and glasses. 



Yupp, a hot dog hat!




Cant you see her being the Mariner Moose? I can.


May I intorduce you to my best friend, Alex.






Thomas told me that he wanted these glasses so that when mom told him he had TV head he could put them on and say in a dazzed voice... "What do you mean mom?"


All bow down to the great Pharo Mr. Carlson



Many more blog posts to come!

1 comment:

  1. that was definitely my favorite part of leavenworth! that wig was definitely my style! I would've bought that wig, but i don't think i would really wear it that much, ya'll!

    ReplyDelete