Tuesday, August 10, 2010

AWANA CAMP 2010

Well... I had an amazing week at AWANA camp. Seriously, amazing. God taught me so much and I was stretched beyond belief. The AWANA program offers a camp for people entering 6th grade to people graduating. I have attended this camp for the past 4 years and it changes me and brings me closer to God every single time.  Our speaker, Ken Wakefield, spoke about renewing your relationship with Christ. It was just what I needed. It was... renewing... imagine that. And God tested me so much.  We had a ministry day where we go into a park and do puppet shows, face paint, gospel braclets, skits, and songs with the kids. For one, I am not exactly supper comfortable coming up to someone and saying, "Hey, do you know Jesus Christ as your personal savior?" It takes guts. But, not only did God stretch me in that way, but I was also put as a leader in my teams captain. I had to organize a lot and make ends meet. I couldnt have done it on my own strength, it was all God working through me. He showed me that I can not do anything on my own strength. Everything I do is through Him. Which, is a pretty big lesson to learn.

This is my friend Bronte. Bronte and I met 4 summers ago, and she makes camp so much fun! She is one of the funniest people you will EVER met. She is so bubbly and uplifting. I love this girl so much and look forward to seeing her every year.


And this is my friend Kathryn... we were really tired.


One night at camp you have a shaving cream fight. It is something I look forward to so much. You first play shaving cream baseball. Which is baseball but you use a wiffle ball and fill it with shaving cream. So when you hit it, shaving cream falls EVERYWHERE! Oh, you also use a tennis racket to hit the ball so it really goes soaring. Then, after that, give everyone a can of shaving cream and you are free to go cover who ever you want with shaving cream. SO MUCH FUN! I was covered. This was taken after trying to scrape a ton of it off. They give you about 15 minutes to be ready for Chapel after this game. So, you dont have time to take a shower. Throw your head under a sink, change clothes, grab you bible, and run. The whole building smells like shaving cream for another few hours, but it is so worth it. And personally, I think shaving cream smells good :)





And my amazing cabin:

These girls were amazing. My counselor was totally awesome. 2 of the girls had to leave half way through the week to go on a missions trip. so then we were just left with 6 girls, but we still had a total blast getting to know each other.

Cant wait for next year at AWANA Camp :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a great week at camp! We saw you too briefly today, hopefully very soon we can get together for a long evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! I was so sad that we had to leave early. Our families really do need to get together SOON!

    ReplyDelete