Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

WHOA! Can you believe it? 2011?... crazy. Thats only 2 years until I graduate. Ghez...  Well 2011 should be a great year.

We hung out with the Carlsons on New Years Eve and had a great time, as usual. No pictures. Sorry
Last year I did a big long post about a recap of 2009, and I had fun writing it. So I am going to do the same thing this year.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Intertubing. I had never been before so Maddie and her family took me out on the water right before school started and I had a blast!


2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions? And will you make more?
Well, last year I wanted to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ. And yes, I kept that resolution, but honestly, I didnt do as well as I wanted to. I know that I can have a deeper relationship with God, so that is what I will be striving for this year. And youth group seems to help a lot with this, so that will be helpful.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank the Lord, NO!

5. What places did you visit?
Well... for one... the glorious and fun filled Entiatt.
Ahhh... gotta love Entiatt....

And Alcatraz... which was quite the experience. By fat the creepiest thing I have ever done. But I would go back and do it again. It was a ton of fun and was surprisingly interesting. ( Oh, and for all you Office fans, the whole time I was there I kept thinking of Michael Scott's "Prison Mike"... just made me laugh)

The Prison Life



And San Francisco.... I loved it there. Everytime we watch a MONK episode (which are set place in San Francisco) I start thinking about Spring Break and how amazing it was. I would love to go back someday.




And last, BUT NOT LEAST, the Chappel of the Chimes. OH MY WORD. Coolest place ever. EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER! Oh goodness, I am not even going to go into detail about how cool this place is. You just have to visit it yourself.





6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A car. I have been working hard for one and it will be nice to finally own one.
Oh... and a license  :)

7. What date in 2010 will be etched in your memory and why?
Well, this isnt really a date. But I am pretty sure that I will always remember Haiti. And all the stuff that country has gone through this year.

 

8. What was your biggest achievment in 2010?
Hmm... I dont know if this counts as an achievment. But I would say making the decision to start going to youth group. It has changed me a lot and has helped me a TON spiritually.

9.  Did you suffer any injuries or illness in 2010?
Nope.... THANK YOU GOD!

10. What was the best thing you bought?
Honestly, I haven't bought a lot this year. Mainly cause I have been working my tail off saving for a car.

11.  Where did most of your money go in 2010?
A car. I have been babysitting like their is no tomorrow. I have never worked so hard for so long for something in my life. So its a good experience.

12. What song will remind you of 2010?
How He Loves- David Crowter Band
Amazing song. If you have never listened to it, PLEASE DO!

13. What do you wish you could have done more of?
Youth group. I started going to youth group in Spetember. I wish more than anything that I could have started going Freshman year. But at least I am there now!

14. What do you wish you had done less of?
Just like last year, worrying. I worry about stupid stuff that God has all planed out. And for some reason I still freak out about them and stress over stuff that is NOT stress worthy.

15. What was your favorite TV program?
24! We finished season 8 a few nights ago. My goodness, that show is unbelievable. Wow...


And a close second to the Office. I have laughed so much at that show. Emily and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

                                                                                  Oh Dwight

16. What was the best book you read?
Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Our youth group read through this book and I would highly recommend it.

17. What was your favorite movie?
Toy Story 3. HANDS DOWN!

18. What did you do for your birthday and how old were you turning?
I turned 15. I had some friends over for dinner and just haning out.

19. What political issue did you struggle with this year?
None

20. Who was the best person you met?
Wow... lots of people come to mind. I guess that it isnt who I met, but who I have gotten to know on a deeper level.

Alli- We have been friends sense 4th grade, but ever sense I have started coming to youth group I feel like we are becoming a lot better friends. So thats fun.

Kay- Another youth group friend who lives really close to me. I have loved getting to know her.

Me, Ali, Kay

Maddi- I have gotten to know her so well this year. We have had a lot of fun this year... A LOT!


Jason- I have gotten to know him through Cubbies and youth group. FUNNIEST PERSON ON PLANET EARTH!!!




Jake- Jake and I have been friends for a while, but we have seemed to become a lot better friends this year through Cubbies and youth group.
Ok this is ridiculous, the only picture I could find of Jake and I was either us being sad, or a picture of how small my feet are compared to his...

WELL! Happy 2011! It's gonna be a great year


3 comments:

  1. Love your post! Can't wait to see you buy a car this year. I'm just hoping it will be a little more beautiful than Collin's. Ha! And happy first day of school in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great year in review Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right - it was a fantastic year. I have loved watching you grow in so many ways. You are an amazing young woman. It is great to watch you find joy in everything you do. This blog title is absolutely perfect for you!! With much love, Dad

    ReplyDelete