Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I figured I should wrap it all up...

I figured that I should wrap up 2011 here pretty quick considering we are already 3 days in to 2012. 2012! How on earth... that means I am graduating next year.... NEXT YEAR PEOPLE!!! Thats crazy....

2011 was a great year, it had some bumpy stuff in it, but over all an absolutely incredible year. 2011 was the year that I started to really not enjoy school any more. Not sure why, just got kinda burnt out I guess. So sophomore year was a tough one. Lots of pushing through the hard stuff. Junior year is a lot better academically, my classes are challenging and the work load is incredible, but I guess I am use to it now and am enjoying it a little more.

2011 was the year I fell in love with youth group! My relationship with Christ soared once I started attended regularly. I met the most incredible people and have had the time of my life.  My youth group friends are my absolute favorte. I can't wait for heaven when I get to spend eternity with them. Cause let me tell you, they know how to have fun! I went on a missions trip, built great relationships with friends, learned and fell in love with my Lord and Savior, helped out, got involved. Youth group became my passion and what I loved doing! Helping out, meeting people, organizing events, learning, seeking, worship... All of it is what I absolutely love!

                                      

2011 I became even closer friends with Maddie and Alli.... Love those 2 so much. A girl couldnt ask for 2 better sisters in Christ. Maddie is basically my other half. At school, we only have 1 class together as of now (that will soon be changing HALLELUJAH!) . She is such an encouragment to me at school. I could basically go on and on about Maddie and how thankful I am for her and what a major impact she made on my life this year, but I dont think there would be enough memory for the internet to hold that much information. Alli has been a friend that I reconnected with this year. We were buddies in the 4th grade, and then kinda went out own ways. But youth group brought us back together and here we are! Better buddies then ever. She is an incredible sister in Christ and is that person that always knows just the right advice to give you when your feeling down.


2011 is the year Jake and I started dating! It has been so fun... our dates are random and usually consist of just hanging out with each others families. When we go out to dinner its cheap, yet extremely fun. He is so funny and can make going to a simple little sandwich shop extremely entertaining. Its been really fun going on dates and getting to spend time with him... He is a keeper. :) And his family is really fun to be around as well... Lots of time with his sisters who I love! All in all, couldnt ask for a better boyfriend...


2011 is the year that I got my license! WOOT WOOT! Sing praise to the Lord! Getting your license changes EVERYTHING! The freedom, the responsibility, visiting friends more often, making grocery runs for my mom, no longer riding that stupid bus every day.... everything changes. And then you had on being able to drive friends, and life gets aout 70002398471 times better. Not even kidding you.

2011 is the year I went on a missions trip to Alberta Canada. So much fun and I learned a ton!


2011 is the year that we went to Mexico as a family!


2011 is the year I took my first AP test... gulp...

2011 was another year of loving helping out in Cubbies


2011 is the year the youth group got painted... which was much much much needed. No more yucky green walls!

2011 was a good year. It was filled with lots of fun, laughter, growth, school, friends, God, and family. I couldnt have asked for a better year or better people to spend it with. I can't wait to see what God has planned for me in this year of 2012!

Happy New Years!

1 comment:

  1. You are right Amanda, 2011 was a great year. It is fun to read your blog and see your perspective on the last 12 months. I am proud of you, excited for what is ahead in your life and love you more than you know! Dad

    ReplyDelete