Tuesday, June 4, 2013

done

Tomorrow is my last day of High School. I've been spending hours just thinking about that. Thinking about how fast it went. Thinking about the friends. Thinking about the laughs. Thinking about grades and how ridiculously unimportant they seem when you are just a day away from being done. But most of all it comes down to me thinking about God and His faithfulness.

He has been so faithful and so good to me.

I vividly remember crying and asking my parents to please keep me home and homeschool me. But they sent me off cause they knew God had big plans for me. I remember asking God, "God, just give me one friend. Just give me one friend that loves You."

And He was faithful.... so very faithful.


If I start writing about how much Maddie means to me I will start crying. And I am not feeling like crying tonight. So I wont. She means the world to me. I will never ever have a friend like her again. She is the true meaning of friendship and I know I am beyond blessed to be one of the few people who has such a strong and amazing friend. See... tears are already filling up my eyes. 




I asked God for a youth group to encourage me, build me up, and teach me.


And He was faithful.


I asked God for my college decision to be clear. And He has been so faithful. I am going to SPSCC for a year and then hopefully transferring to Bellevue College for their Radiation Tech program.

So tomorrow I finnish. I walk out the door at 12:30 and I will be done. Wow. I am not sad, I am just in awe that this day is finally here.



Thank you Jesus for bringing me here to my last day of High School. You have helped me make good decisions, you have kept me healthy, you have guided me, you have held me tightly in your grip. You have brought me friends, you have given me laughter. You blessed me with a family that loves and supports me. You have given me Your Holy Spirit that has molded me into the young woman I am today. I wish there was some other way to say, 'Thank You', but that seems that is all my heart can say. Thank you Jesus. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda Arend... cry??? I don't believe it!! No way! But seriously, isn't it crazy how long it seemed to get to this point, and then all of a sudden it feels like it's over, just in a blink of an eye? It's such a strange feeling, but then life continues. There are so many changes in store for you, and I have no doubt that you will continue to grow and change in the best way possible. I'm excited to see where life takes you. You're almost a real adult- though it will be a long time yet before you actually feel like one.
    <3 Lauren

    ReplyDelete