Monday, May 30, 2011

BEACH 2011!

Have you ever had a weekend that totaly blew you away? One that you are pretty sure you will remember forever and ever? Well... I had one just this weekend! Wow! Amazing people, amazing camp, amazing weather, amazing worship... really amazing worship, and all for ONE AMAZING AMAZING GOD!!!

Our Youth Group went to Dunes Beach Bible Camp this weekend and it was unbelievable.  We were literally RIGHT next to the beach, and had gorgeous weather... not a cloud in the sky!!! The people in my youth group are so fun. They encourage me to walk closer to Christ, they make me laugh, they are easy to talk to, and they are in love with their Savior.  I really couldnt ask for a better group of brothers and sisters in Christ.  I didnt know what it ment to have brothers and sisters in Christ until I started coming to Westwood Baptist Church.  To have a family there that loves me and cares about me and encourages me... It is really a gift.  And one I will never take lightly!


Our topic for the weekend was obedience.  How to obey God, and what steps that requires.  It was challenging, and extremely convicting. It streches me a lot to think about stuff like that, just letting God take it all and being obedient to whatever He calls me to do. Thats a scary thought... But step by step I am starting to get it. So thankful for a patient God.

ANYWAYS! Now, for the pictures... and trust me... there are LOTS of them!

Me, Jessica, and Halle!



You know when you dig yourself into the sand and you get really short? yea.... Its quite entertaining.... So weird to look eye to eye with someone who is usually a good 7 inches taller then you

Ive got GIANT friends... no biggie...

Ryan is super tall usually... BUT NOT RIGHT NOW!

So fun to get to know this girl... Melanie! Loved getting to see what Christ is doing in her life...

For all you Lame-O freaks who dont have a life... This is a Potato gun. You put a potato in it, and shoot it. Dumb? Yes. Pointless? Yes. Able to fill HOURS with lots of fun and laughter? YES!

So weird to be taller...


Ok, This picture could go down as one of my all time favorites.  I was ready for the pictures... Jake was not. He did not mean to make this face, yet it is the best face ever... Cracks me up


These girls rock... Couldnt ask for better Christian friends...

This is basically my other half. You find her... you find me.

If you dont know Alli... your life has not yet begun. What an amazing girl!

We are rebelious and sit on the roof

Can we please take a moment and look at how DROP DEAD GORGEOUS Maddie is...
...
...
...
Thank you


CAR RIDES CON MI AMIGA MADDIE!



I like having a friend that is 6'1" so I can get piggy back rides!

Thank you GOD!









Another picture taken on accident that makes me LAUGH! Oh Jason...

We also had the great chance to baptize people! Megan, Becca, and Ed. These 3 people have totally turned their life around for Christ.  I have gotten to see God work so powerfully in their lives and it is the most encouraging thing ever! THANK YOU GOD!



Oh... and we had a wedding... Ya know. 2 of our leaders got married this weekend! They have been engaged for over a year and thought it would be fun to do over our retrete. The wedding was so "them" and so cute. Very fun to be a part of!


Thank you God for an amazing weekend that really brought me closer to YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, great pictures, great fun! Now it's time to blog again. It's been 2 weeks and I'm ready for a new post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete