Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Friend Laura

So about 3 weeks ago there was a girl that was new to our church named Laura. I learned that she went to NTHS and so we started talking. I learned that she is from Columbia and that she just moved here about 3 months ago. She speaks English, but I talk to her in Spanish... which is so much fun! She sits by me everyday on the bus and it is my favorite part of the day. I love talking to her in Spanish and in English and she loves to tell me about her culture and her home.  It is so much fun to hear about all of the food they ear, things that happen, and the weather. She said that before she came to Washington she had never been in weather colder then 85 degrees. SHESH! So, today on the bus she was talking about how much she is loving fall. She has never seen trees change color! Isnt that weird to think about? And today she kept talking about how beautiful everything is right now. And it is true, look outside. God did an amazing job when he decided to make trees change color. Everything is orange and beautiful and I LOVE IT! Thank you God for making planet earth so beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I love your always-positive outlook on life! And how you reach out in friendship to so many people. And how you value those people so much. I feel like I know most of your friends because you write about them on your blog. They have a treasure in you!

    ReplyDelete