Sunday, February 21, 2010

What can one find in Amanda's dresser?

My dresser is an interesting place. There are my clothes on the bottom and then on the top of the dresser are two little drawers that hold little random things that I want to keep....(lotion, medals, make up...) all sorts of junk. And it is so easy to say, "Hmm.... What should I do with this little thing? Oh, I will just put it in one of my top drawer of my dresser and get it later!" Soon, things add up and you have a mountain of stuff in 2 little drawers...

My parents told me that I really needed to get that cleaned up, I went up to my room thinking that it would only take a few minutes. WRONG! It has taken me forever! Well, that could be that once I started, I realized I needed to clean out my closet and the clothes in my dresser and the book shelves I have in my room and the stuff under my bed... I kind of felt like the little mouse in the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". You know how the mouse runs into the chain of events he HAS to do only because he wanted a cookie? Well anyways, that was me.

So here is a picture of some of the stuff I found in my drawer...

Socks(?) lotion, medals, old birthday cards, 18 gum wrapers, necklaces, stuffed dog, stuffed panda, iPod stuff, a planner, $20 to Coldstone (!!!!) goggles, a washcloth, packing tape, bubble wrap, about 30 hair bands, bobby pins, a rock, a Disneyland necklace, earings, mints, a notepad, 67 cents, poodle socks (for dance), camera holder, Break the Ice dude that stands ontop of the ice, a house key to my old house, DQ money, ribbon, an old program from a competition I was at a few years ago, ... and some other stuff.

Actually, I would say that I am a very good person at stuffing stuff into small drawers. Cause the drawers are not that big, but I managed to fit ALL of that into it... I am pretty proud of myself.... :)

Off to go finish cleaning what ever else needs cleaning.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I guess I am proud of you, too. I knew you were talented, I just didn't know the depth of your talent (or the two small drawers at the top of your dresser!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. 18 gum wrappers? Really? Glad you got that all taken care of! I can't wait to see what you find in your closet!

    ReplyDelete