Monday, January 18, 2010

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

     Today, my family went to go see the Bodies Exhibit in Seattle. If you want to go to their website, just click here.

 I was kind of freaked out to go. And to tell you the truth, it is a little overwhelming when you first walk in that door. I was grossed out at first, but after walking around for a little bit, you get use to it and are able to appreciate it all.

The one thing that I thought of was, "Wow! My God is an amazing creator!" The verses that were stuck in my head were from Psalms 139:13-14.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well."

That verse was "printed" out on every body there. The way that the muscle were "knit" together was fascinating. God made us so special; so beautifully from the inside out, and today, I got to see the inside. Like I said, some of the stuff there was a little scary and gross, but when you just got over that, it was fascinating. I would go again if I had the chance.  It takes a while to realize that these are actual muscles! CRAZINESS!

There was one part of the exhibit where they had a human body but it was just all of the veins. Although it was just the veins, you could see the frame of the person perfectly. You could see their nose, mouth, finers, toes, knees, lungs....the list goes on and on.


is that not awesome?
There was one section that was pretty cool too, I didnt want to go in this section, but my mom said I should. It showed you what a baby look like while it is still developing. At 5 weeks, you could see the mouth, and nose, and feet, and arms, and it was a little human being that was not even the size of a penny. It showed the baby at ten weeks, all the bones and features something can have at ten weeks is pretty amazing! It blew my mind that God knew me before that stage. He knew me before I my parents knew me. He was the first one to know me. And He knows me better than anybody else. One other thing that I thought about while in this section was how sad abortion is. These amazing little people are not just a bunch of cells, they are actual people. Sorry if this is against what you believe, but it is what I believe.

10 weeks
OH! And, fun fact, did you know.... that every pack of cigerettes takes 3 hours and 40 minutes of your life. That is not the time that it takes to smoke the pack, it is how much time is taken from your life because of health issues. Pretty sad... and I saw a smokers lungs and a healthy lung the only thing I have to say is... DONT SMOKE!

After leaving there, our family went to the food court, and it was very hard to eat after going to that exhibit.

Then we walked around down town and went to some cool kitchen shop.

Now I am back home, blogging, and thinking about having to go to school tomorrow... ugh.

OH! HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY!





1 comment:

  1. Love your thoughts! Don't ever apologize for sharing your heart and your beliefs. As long as you are not slinging insults in the process, you have nothing to apologize for!

    Creeped out big time by the first picture. In awe of the second picture. Warmed by your words.

    ReplyDelete