Sunday, January 31, 2010

Water and Fire

Let me start at the begining of my day. My whole family was baptized this morning. It was so amazing to be baptized with your whole family. Being baptized was always something that I wanted to do but never really got around to it. And I am so glad that I hadn't done it before because it wouldnt have ment as much as it did now. I have a really close relationship with God and that made it so special.
Dont worry, there is a better picture coming... but this is all that I have right now.

This is Mr. Haglund. Mr. Haglund baptized me and my whole family! It was such an honor. Mr. Haglund really has changed my life in so many ways and I will always be thankful that God put him in my life. I got to know Mr. Haglund through his wife. She was my Awana leader for 5-6 grade girls.  I LOVED Mrs. Haglund. She was so fun to be around I just loved everything about her... I still do! Then, when I left 5-6 grade Awana and went into Jr. High Awana, I got to meet her husband. He was not the leader of the group but he was always there to help.  I didnt really know him that well my 7th grade year. Then, 8th grade year he was the leader. He gave his testimony which all revolved around the verses Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways remember Him and He will make your path straight"

These verses and the story that Mr. Haglund told me changed my life. I realized that I was not trusting God with my whole life and I needed to. It is something I will never fully master, becuase I am human. But I am sure leaps and bounds further along then I was before I heard this message. If you ever have the chance to listen to Mr. Haglunds tesimony, listen.... it can change your life. Mr. Haglund has been a role model for me in so many ways. He really showed me what it looked like to fully live for God. I have never met someone as in love with God as Mr. Haglund. Everything that he does is for God. Mr. Haglund taught me how to actually read my bible and get something out of it. I dont think that Mr. Haglund will fully understand how much he changed my life and how thankful I am for it. THANK YOU MR. HAGLUND!

After we were done being baptized we jung around our church for a little and talked to some people.  All of the sudden I saw Emily dart to a side of the room. I turned around and saw our friends the CARLSONS! I was so surprized to see them there! They tried to see us be baptized, but they missed it by about 10 min. Bummer. Anyway, we all went out to Mexican food (I drove half of the way there... thank you very much!). Alex told us at the end that he was "comfortably full" at the end of the meal. I had never heard anyone say that they were comfortably full before and Alex was the last person I would have expected to say it.

Then, on our way home, I saw this pillar of smoke rising from somewhere near by. We drove by and found out that the fire department was buring down an old building for practice. We knew that this was going to be happening, we just didnt know when.  I have never seen flames so high! It was so fun to stand there watching these GINORMOUS flames shoot into the sky and feel the heat of it. When the walls would fall down and hit the wet cement, it made a sharp crack sound that made me jump everytime. I love hanging out around a fire, the smell, sound, and feel of it all is just amazing. When ever we burn stuff in the back yard I am always out there making my own little fire and enjoying it all.



So, overall, this day was perfect, watching a ginormous building being burnt to the ground, being baptized, and being able to drive. Ahhh.... :)

5 comments:

  1. I loved the day too Amanda! For all of the same reasons as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry we missed it. How wonderful to do it as a family. Thanks for your testimony too.

    Mrs. Joss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am humbled by your kind words Amanda. Thank you. I merely pointed you towards Christ and HE did the rest!!! He is AWESOME isn't He???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sad that we didn't get to see you guys be baptized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome that your whole family got baptized! But I'm so bummed I didn't get to be there. It would have been so fun to watch! Soooo excited for ya'll. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete